How can we help you? EMERGENCY SERVICES 24/7/365 888 521-5667

I think there may be mold inside my walls

mold

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“We had water damage from the unit above”. “I smell something funny”. “I don’t see any mold, but what if the mold is inside my walls”? If you are a property manager, insurance agent or restoration contractor it is likely that you may have heard this question at some point. If you did had water damage and hired a certified restoration company to dry the structure properly. The chances of mold being present in the walls as a result of the water damage are extremely low. Let’s assume that we have a very rare situation and there is mold present inside the walls. The good news is there is a solution and it doesn’t involve tearing the walls apart. We can now resolve the problem at a fraction of the cost by incorporating the use of a hydroxyl generator.

So what does a hydroxyl generator do? Hydroxyl generators are a newer green technology, and are an advanced solution for eliminating odors, purifying the air, and decontaminating surfaces and contents.
Hydroxyls (OH) are safe, naturally occurring molecules that are created in our atmosphere when the sun’s ultraviolet rays react with water vapor. They play a critical role in cleaning the earth’s atmosphere and scientists have dubbed hydroxyl radicals as the “detergent of the atmosphere”. They can be used to kill bacteria, viruses and mold, and to break down volatile organic compounds, chemical fumes, gases, vapors and unpleasant odors.

Are hydroxyl radicals safe? One of the first questions to be asked is whether the hydroxyl radical produces ozone as a primary aspect or as a byproduct of the equipment operation. The use of any equipment which produces levels of ozone above 0.5 ppm in an occupied structure can be detrimental to health. Laboratory studies have shown that the top hydroxyl generator on the market produces negligible levels of ozone, .04 ppm in clinical testing, as a by-product of making hydroxyls. More detailed information can be attained at http://odoroxhg.com relating to the testing and safety of hydroxyl radicals.

What about the mold inside of my wall? The mold in the wall is killed by injecting hydroxyls into the wall cavity. The baseboard is removed. Small holes are drilled behind the baseboard. An injection tube is inserted into the wall. An air mover that is hooked up to the hydroxyl generator then fills the wall cavity and kills the mold. Any dead mold spores or fragments are the encapsulated within the wall cavity. The baseboard is then reinstalled, caulked and painted.

The mold is dead. The odor is gone. The home is safe.

Archives